Come grow with us! The MMC Contractors Kansas City office is looking for a Preconstruction Manager to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to lead the preconstruction process for complex mechanical construction projects. MMC Contractors is 100% employee owned, offers financial strength, stability, and national expertise while maintaining a local community feel. If you have a background with a mechanical contractor, working for a general contractor as an MEP expert, or from a mechanical design firm that specializes in healthcare and data center design, we'd love to talk to you. Please apply to learn more!
Nature of Work
Perform tasks as well as coordinate assigned team members in executing preconstruction activities. Activities include budget preparation, mechanical cost information collection, design and constructability analysis, mechanical design input, early interface with CAD leader, interaction with the mechanical design team, preconstruction team, and construction team, and other preconstruction related activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with design team on preconstruction needs and expectations.
- Provide information to design team as required to support design progression needs in accordance with project requirements.
- Prepare budgets throughout the mechanical design. These will include early conceptual, as well as detailed budgets, as the mechanical design is developed.
- Track cost differences between progress estimate updates.
- Assist design team in collecting cost information related to piping systems, mechanical equipment, and air distribution systems.
- Provide preliminary schedule input based on estimated budget detail available.
- Develop new supplier and subcontractor relationships as required to achieve the goals of the client and/or owner.
- Evaluate long-lead equipment items.
- Provide mechanical cost information as required to aid design team(s) in various studies and life cycle cost analysis throughout the design development.
- Directly coordinates one to five employees to carry out the duties and responsibilities about.
- Exercise initiative or, as directed perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university or equivalent experience. Mechanical Engineering or Construction Engineering/Science degrees preferred.
Five years or more of related work experience required. Some project management experience preferred.